Tuesday, January 29, 2008
1. 2 Robitussin cough and cold on sale for $6.00 a piece
2. 1 Stayfree maxi pads on sale for $3.29
3. 1 Arm & Hammer toothpaste on sale for $1.99
4. 2 Garnier Fructis Nutrioniste face care products on sale for $5.99 a piece
5. 2 Advil PM on sale for $4.00 a piece
6. 2 Antibacterial handwash for the troops (I needed some sort of filler and I was a little flustered and the cashier asked me 3 times during my order if I wanted to donate some to the troops so I finally just grabbed two to get the right amount.)
I then used a CVS coupon of $4/20, $3/15, $2/10, $2/10 (the cashier let me use two of them because at the beginning of the order she had originally told me I could use both), $.75 off Arm & Hammer, $3.00 off 2 Garnier Nutrioniste products, 2 $3.00 off Robitussin, 2 $4.00 off Advil PM, and $15.00 in ECB.
My total out of pocket was $1.34. I also got back $21.29 in ECB's. Yeah! My receipt said I saved $48.21. Pretty good.
What I didn't realize with CVS is that they won't give you anything back on the ECB's which makes it kind of tricky. At least the ECB's that I have this time are split up a little bit so I won't have to use such a big ECB next time. Now the only deals I am still hoping to get before the end of the month are the Soy Joy bars and the CVS toothbrushes. We'll see if they are at the CVS near Piper's doctor's office. She is going in today. :( The poor little love started running a fever last night and it is back up again this morning. With her nasty cold she is running, I don't want to take any chances.
Have a good Tuesday!
Labels: deals. cvs
Friday, January 25, 2008
Last night we went to look at some and were disappointed yet again. They needed another coat of paint very bad and, well...they smelled funny. I know, I probably shouldn't be so picky if I am buying used furniture but they wanted $250.00! I thought that was very high for some bunk beds that weren't even in that good of shape. But maybe I have set my hopes too high. After all, this is the picture that I saw that started the whole search for white bunk beds.
Of course I had to find the MOST expensive set of bunk beds to compare everything else to. Yes, this is out of the Pottery Barn Kids magazine. Aren't they so adorable? I have been searching craigslist now for about 6 months if not a little bit longer and I have not been able to find anything similar to it. And the ones that I did find that were similar sold in 1 day! Crazy!
So now my question to all...probably 2 of you that read this :) is if you think I should maybe start to think of buying new. I found a 40% off coupon to a furniture store around the corner from our house that supposedly has good prices. Do you think I should even go in there and then have even more expensive sets in my mind that I would like or should I try to be patient and continue searching craigslist? There isn't any big hurry, although I would like to have them before Piper turns 2 in about 6 months.
So please let me know what you think because I am starting to run out of patience and getting a little tired or checking out very sad looking bunk bed sets. :)
Labels: girls room
Monday, January 21, 2008
Labels: Piper pics
Saturday, January 19, 2008
- Pantene conditioner, reg. $4.99 on clearance for $2.00
- Pantene shampoo, reg. $4.99 on clearance for $2.00
- 2 packs of Huggies diapers, reg. $10.99 a piece, on sale 2 for $16.00
- Huggies wipes, reg. $2.99
- 2 Adidas men's deoderant, reg. $2.99 on clearance for $.75
- Excedrin, reg. $4.49 on clearance for $2.29
- 2 Blistex, reg. $1.29 on sale for $.99
- Dove deoderant, reg. $4.49 on sale for $2.00
- 1 John Frieda shampoo, reg. $5.99 on clearance for $2.00
- 1 Degree deoderant, reg. $3.29 on sale for $2.00
- Purell hand sanitizer, reg. $1.99
- family size Herbal Essence shampoo, reg. $6.99 on clearance for $3.00
$.67!!!!! I don't know if you can count the gift card but I am...What I mean is that I put whatever rebates I get back on a gift card and I used that on this purchase. So maybe not quite as good a deal as I thought? I don't know. Either way I was extremely happy to only dish out $.67! I also got a mail in rebate for $4.00 back in register rewards that they couldn't print at the register for some reason. So I still have money coming back. Yeah!
On this trip to Meijer I got:
- 4 boxes of Cheerios, reg. 3.19, on sale for $1.67 a piece
- 2 grape jellys, reg. $2.09 on sale for $1.50 a piece
- 3 loaves of Aunt Milly's bread, reg. $2.99, on sale buy 1 get 2 free
- 2 Excedrin, reg. $4.88 on sale buy 1 get 1 free
- 1 bag of carrots, reg. $1.50
So there are the deals I got today. I didn't think I did too bad. :) For others who do far better than I do on saving, check out this link to Super Savings Saturday.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Labels: Ambry pics
Friday, January 11, 2008
- 1 cup of glue
- 1 cup of water
- Mix those ingredients together. I did that in the metal bowl pictured below.
- In a separate container mix 1 cup of warm water with your choice of food coloring (or no food coloring if you just want white.) with 1 tbsp of Borax. Mix until the Borax is completely dissolved.
- Take 3/4 a cup of the mixture of Borax and pour into the glue mixture. The remaining 1/4 will be thrown away. You will need to knead the mixture at this point. It will seriously feel like brain matter. Not that I have ever felt brain matter but if I had to venture a guess I would say it would feel like silly putty before it is all mixed together. :)
I bought these little containers at Gordon Foods and they ended up being the perfect size. This is 3 different batches that I made. We still have purple to do because, oh the horror, if we don't have any purple silly putty!
FYI: Do NOT let this stuff get on clothes, carpet, or in hair. If it does, take an ice cube, freeze it, and then try to peel it up.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
This last pic was her idea. She wanted a picture by the flowers. I tried to explain that there weren't any flowers but she wouldn't hear any of that. "Of course there are flowers mom!" So here she is by some dead roses. :)
The temp read 57 degrees when I was out running errands with the girls! Unbelievable. Today it is supposed to be right around 40 degrees. Some very strange weather to start off the year, although we aren't complaining!
Labels: Ambry pics
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Labels: Ambry and Piper pics
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
A pic of Ambry actually smiling and not frowning like she normally does when I try to take her pic. Hopefully Rosie is rubbing off on her. :)
And that is it for today's show and tell. On a side note, how CRAZY is the weather here. The girls and I went to the store yesterday in short sleeve shirts and no coats! Unbelievable! I checked the temp on the way home and it said 57! Absolute craziness! Not that I'm complaining though. Today we will be going for a walk outside and we won't have to wear the whole winter paraphernalia. It is supposed to be rainy but again in the upper fifties to low sixties. I'm hoping that we'll get a small break from the rain. :)
Labels: Nana's house