Friday, February 27, 2009
Why oh why can't she just sit or stand nice? Stinker...
You can kind of see her hair colors here. We did blue, green, pink, and purple. In the back, there are red stripes...kind of. :)
Love that little smirk of hers. She knows she's being cute too. You can just see that knowing look in her eyes. :)
Labels: Ambry and Piper pics
Friday, February 20, 2009
Piper with her box. Why is it that she seems to always be missing some crucial piece of clothing?
Then today we made playdoh. Pretty easy to do. Here is the recipe that I used. It wasn't the best, but it worked. So if anyone else has any better recipes, please feel free to share.
3/4 cup of water with food coloring added
3/4 cup of flour
3/4 cup of salt
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Mix everything together. I ended up having to add quite a bit more flour to get it to be more solid. Oh well. The kids had quite a bit of fun with it. I just put it in containers and it said to store it in the fridge for a longer "shelf" life. Here are some pics of the kids playing with their playdoh. I put it on cookie sheets so I wouldn't have to worry about a huge mess afterwards. :)
No pics of Nat. She was still resting. Poor honey was sick again and didn't want to get up and play. Again, Piper is missing some clothing. Although this time it was more my fault. I didn't want her rubbing her hands on her dress that she had on and getting it all dirty. :)
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Showing off her newly cleaned teeth.
And her bag of goodies. She got a new butterfly toothbrush and a fullsize kid's toothpaste.
She had one small cavity which was a slight bummer. The upside? We don't have to do anything about it for a while. We have strict insructions to floss 3 times a week and make sure to brush night and morning. Ambry has taken that very seriously and is now brushing 3 times a day and also flossing about every other night. :)
Labels: Ambry pics
Friday, February 13, 2009
Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the master bedroom when we moved in. But I can describe it in all it's Pepto Bismal pink horrible-ness that it was...and please don't take offense if you like pink...I just happen to not like it on the wall, the floor, the bedding, etc. So, there was rose colored carpet, rose colored paint on 2 opposing walls, striped floral rose colored paint on the 2 opposite walls, and then a border of roses running around the top of the room. Yes, it was lovely. By the way, that was very sarcastic if you couldn't hear it.
When we moved in, we put cream colored carpet in, painted the walls a gold/bronze color to match the new bedspread I bought. A vast improvement, but alas I tired of it...plus Caleb hated the comforter. He said it wasn't comfy. I thought it was beautiful and romantic. Oh well. So here is a pic of what it used to look like.
And here is what it looks like now. Still very romantic...I think...but a much calmer color palette.
And as crazy as it sounds, I seriously think the room looks bigger even though the walls are such a dark color. It isn't quite as blue as this picture shows. It is a touch more gray and a little darker. Caleb loves it! And that was important to me. I think it is a bit more masculine now while still looking femine. And romantic, which was what I was going for.
So what do you think? Do you like the red and think the blue was a bad choice? I of course will agonize for days awaiting your responses. :)
Labels: redo master bedroom
Monday, February 09, 2009
- 2 things of bananas $2.12
- 1 lb strawberries $1.99
- pink boots for Ambry clearanced for $16.09 then an additional 50% off
- 1 pair of board shorts for Ambry clearanced for $6.49 then an additional 50% off
- 5 Chex Mix on sale 5/$5, used 1 Meijer Mealbox $1.00 off 5, and 3 $.35 coupons from insert
- 1 pack of panties for Ambry on clearance for $2.99 then an additional 50% off
- 22 Meijer brand toothbrushes on sale for $1.09 each
- 1 2-pack of gloves for Ambry on clearance for $1.99 then an additional 50% off
- 9 Meijer brand hand soaps on sale for $.99 each
- 4 Meijer dental floss picks on sale for $1.67 each
- 1 can of Meijer refried beans $1.99
- 8 Betty Crocker brownie mixes on sale 2/$3, used 2 Meijer mealbox coupons for $1.00 off 4, and 3 $1.00 off 2 coupons from mailer, and 1 $.75 off 2 copon from todays insert(did this in 2 separate transactions of 4 each in order for the Meijer mealbox coupon to work.)
- 1 Meijer brand cotton rounds $.77
- 1 DanActive drinks 4 packs $2.00, use 1 $1.00 coupon from insert
- 1 DanActive yogurt 4 packs $2.00, use 1 $1.00 coupon from insert
- 4 FiberOne yogurt 4 packs $2.00 each, use 4 $1.00 coupons from insert
- 2 YoPlus yogurt 4 packs $2.00 each, use 2 $1.00 coupons from insert
Total before tax and coupons was $106.92! Total after doing 7 different transactions? A whopping $22.39! Woot! This could have been better but I did almost all the grocery items together because I was getting tired of going in and out of the store. :)
- 2 Meijer shave gels $1.77 each
- 1 head of lettuce $1.29
- 1 bag of carrots $1.67
- 2 Meijer brand hand soaps $.99 each
- 1 pack of paper $3.59
- 1 donut for Ambry $.59 (she was shopping with me)
- 1 bag of apples $3.49
- 15 Meijer brand toothbrushes on sale $1.09 each
- 3 cans of corn $1.00
- 1 Meijer dental floss picks $1.67
Total before tax and coupons was $35.17. Out of pocket? Only $3.31! Yeah!!!
The way to get the great deals? Buy 5 Meijer hand soaps on sale for $.99 each. Comes to about $5.36 after tax. Get back a Meijer catalina for $8.00! Make a tidy little profit. Keep doing this with select Meijer brand items and keep rolling the catalinas over and over and over...
Have fun! And if you don't feel like doing it over and over? Feel free to come to my house and get some free toothbrushes, hand soap, shave gel, you name it, I have plenty. :) This catalina deal is only valid until February 11...at least that is what I have heard.
For example I bought:
- 1 Progresso soup on sale 4/$5, used 1 $1.10 printable coupon
- 1 Gillette Fusion Gamer razor $8.99, $6.00 RR, use 1 $4.00 coupon
Comes to $5.68 after tax. I used my gift card, didn't pay anything out of pocket and received 1 $6.00 RR for a profit of $.32. The Venus razors are also $8.99 with a $6.00 RR back. Use 1 $2.00 coupon also from the P & G insert.
CVS is a slow week, but I didn't do too bad.
- 1 gallon of milk $2.69
- 1 Gillette Fusion Gamer razor $7.99 with $4.00 ECB, use 1 $4.00 coupon
- 2 CVS crackers $1.99 each, get $2.00 ECB, use 1 $3.00 CVS coupon
- 6 Kellogg's protein bars on clearance for $.78 each, used 3 $1.00 off 2 coupons
Came to $19.30 before tax. Used coupons above, 1 $3.00 off $15.00 CVS coupon, and $5.00 in ECB's. Paid $1.30 in cash and got back $6.00 in ECB's.
- 1 Glade spray $.99, use 1 CVS crt coupon for $1.00 off
- 2 CVS crackers $1.99 each, get $2.00 ECB, use 1 $3.00 CVS coupon
- 4 Kellogg's protein bars on clearance for $.78 each, used 2 $1.00 off 2 coupons
- 2 Slimfast packages on clearance $3.35, used 2 $1.00 coupons
- 1 Ambi face bar $1.99, use 1 CVS crt for $2.00
- 1 CVS antacid pack $1.99, use 1 CVS crt for free CVS antacid pack
Total before tax and coupons was $18.73. Used coupons above, 1 $3.00 off $15.00 CVS coupon, and $1.99 in ECB's. Paid $1.75 in cash and got back $2.00 in ECB's.
Not too shabby considering it was such a slow week for deals. :)
Rite Aid has some pretty good deals. Avert your eyes if you don't want to read about the "stuff".
- 1 Finesse Curl Mouse $2.99, $2.00 MIR, use 1 $.75 coupon from today's insert
- 1 Garnier Fructis style product $2.99, $2.99 MIR, use $1.00 coupon
- 1 Nivea lip moisturizer $2.99, $2.00 MIR, use 1 $1.00 coupon from today's insert
- 1 Play/Durex product $6.99, $6.99 MIR
Total after coupons and tax is $14.70. Send in for MIR of $13.98. Total for all of products is $.72. Woot!
Sunday, February 08, 2009