Friday, February 20, 2009

Just thought I would put up a couple of pics of some crafty things we did lately. First up is our Valentine's Day boxes. I made each child a box out of some Kashi pizza boxes, taped some hearts on, and then let them color it how they wanted. Then each child was able to make Valentine's for the other or color pictures and put them in someone's box.

Here is a close up of each of their boxes. Nothing special, but they sure had fun with them. :)
Piper with her box. Why is it that she seems to always be missing some crucial piece of clothing?
Then today we made playdoh. Pretty easy to do. Here is the recipe that I used. It wasn't the best, but it worked. So if anyone else has any better recipes, please feel free to share.

3/4 cup of water with food coloring added

3/4 cup of flour

3/4 cup of salt

1 tablespoon of vegetable oil

Mix everything together. I ended up having to add quite a bit more flour to get it to be more solid. Oh well. The kids had quite a bit of fun with it. I just put it in containers and it said to store it in the fridge for a longer "shelf" life. Here are some pics of the kids playing with their playdoh. I put it on cookie sheets so I wouldn't have to worry about a huge mess afterwards. :)





No pics of Nat. She was still resting. Poor honey was sick again and didn't want to get up and play. Again, Piper is missing some clothing. Although this time it was more my fault. I didn't want her rubbing her hands on her dress that she had on and getting it all dirty. :)

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?