Friday, October 31, 2008
Sorry about the format of this. I don't have any kind of Word program on my computer. :( So this isn't in the easiest to read format ever. I highlighted the cheaper or the two in red. But make sure to look closely since sometimes it is only by pennies difference.
*Turkey lunch meat_____Costco-$8.99 2/24 oz_____Aldi-2.49 8 oz (14.94 for 48 oz)
*Bacon_____Costco $9.59 4/1 lb pkgs_____Aldi $2.29 16 oz (9.16 for 4 lbs)
*Turkey bacon_____Costco $7.39 4/12 oz pkgs_____Aldi $1.99 12 oz (7.96 for 4/12 oz pkgs)
*Frozen Chix breasts_____Costco $23.99 10 lbs_____Aldi $6.49 48 oz (21.63 for 10 lbs)
*Crm of Mushroom_____Costco $9.69 12/10.75 oz cans(.07 an oz)_____Aldi $.49 10.5 oz (.05 an oz)
*Raisins_____Costco $6.69 4.5 lbs (.09 oz)_____Aldi $1.69 15 oz (.11 oz)
*Vegetable Oil_____Costco $7.99 5 qts (.049 oz)_____Aldi $2.29 48 oz (.047 oz)
*Mayo_____Costco $6.99 64 oz (.11 oz)_____Aldi $1.99 32 oz (.06 oz)
*Milk_____Costco $2.29 a gallon_____Aldi $2.19 a gallon
*Sugar_____Costco $22.59 50 lbs (.36 lb)_____Aldi $2.29 5 lb (.45 lb)
*Flour____Costco $15.49 50 lbs (.31 lb)_____Aldi $1.79 5 lbs (.36 lb)
*Bananas_____Costco $1.59 4 lbs_____Aldi $.45 lb (1.80 4 lbs)
*Rice_____Costco $22.49 50 lbs (.45 lb)______Aldi $2.19 2 lbs (1.10 lb)
*Margarine_____Costco $5.99 5lb (1.19 lb)_____Aldi $.77 16 oz I did happen to check this at Meijer and their regular price is $.67.
*Butter____Costco $7.89 4/16 pkgs_____Aldi $2.19 16 oz (8.76 4 lb)
*Shredded Cheese_____Costco $12.39 5 lbs_____Aldi $1.99 8 oz(19.90 5 lbs)
*Block Cheese_____Costco $5.29 2 lbs_____Aldi $2.09 8 oz (8.36 2 lbs)
*Vanilla_____Costco $5.99 16 oz_____Aldi $1.99 2 oz (15.92 16 oz)
*Kidney Beans_____Costco $5.39 8/15 oz cans (.04 oz)_____Aldi $.45 14.5 oz(.03 oz)
*Tomato Sauce_____Costco $5.95 12/15 oz cans(.03 oz)_____Aldi $.25 8 oz (.03 oz)_____Costco $2.29 105 oz can (.02 oz)--This is a big can, but if you need to save more, this could just be opened measured and divided and put into smaller containers to freeze.
*Diced Tomatoes_____Costco $7.99 8/14.5 oz cans (.06 oz)_____Aldi $.49 14.5 oz (.03 oz)
*Stewed Tomatoes_____Costco $6.55 8/14.5 oz cans (.05 oz)_____Aldi $.49 14.5 oz (.03 oz)
*Tortilla Shells_____Costco $3.69 36 shells (.10)_____Aldi $.99 10 shells (.06)
*Tuna_____Costco $12.69 12/6 oz cans (.17 oz)_____Aldi $.99 13 oz (.19 oz)_____Costco $8.79 66.5 oz big can (.132 oz) This is a big can, but again, could be measured and divided and then frozen.
*Eggs_____Costco $3.99 3 doz (1.33 1 doz)_____Aldi $.99 1 doz
With these products, most of the ones from Costco were name brand and I was really surprised by how well they compared to over all with Aldi. I really thought that Aldi would probably come out way ahead, but it was really never by more than a few cents. But if this market continues the way that it looks like it probably will for a while, all those few little cents will add up quite quickly!
Obviously this is not a lot of foods or food groups, so if there are others you would like me to check, let me know! I did check some Meijer prices and they were definitely right in there with these prices also. If you watch for sales, you can score better deals at Meijer on some things since you can use coupons there.
Also, remember that you have to buy a membership at Costco. That is $50.00. But you can buy an executive membership for $100.00 and then earn 2% back on everything but gas, alcohol, and stamps. If you get their American Express, you can earn an extra 1% back also. So you have to calculate that into your costs also. I will let you know how I am doing on my return so far this year. It is also an option to "share" a membership. One person will just have to pay cash or use their debit card when they go.
Labels: costco and aldi price comparison
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Cute, little mouth hanging open and everything. I love it!
Labels: Piper pics
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Ambry and her "new to you" Gameboy. She was so excited hers was pink!
Daddy got two cans of silly string and surprised Ambry when she came outside. You can see Piper in the bottom of the pic. She is so blurry because she wasw attempting to run as fast as she could to get to "safe ground".
Check out our front walkway! Completely littered with silly string.
Ambry wanted to surprise Uncle Jordan with the silly string, and boy did we ever. Little did we know, that when silly string starts to run out, it shoots tons of tiny little sticky pieces. Oops! Sorry, Uncle Jordan.
And since it seems that I can't post anything without a deal lately, here you go, courtesy of Tracey. Buy 4 Kellogg's mini wheats cereal. They are on sale 4 for $10.00. Get an instant $2.00 off at the register. Use 4 of the $1.00 coupons that have been all over the internet. Total is now $4.00. Then get back $3.00 in Catalinas making your total $1.00 or $.25 a box!!
Also, soon to come, a price comparison sheet from Costco and Aldi's. I think you will be surprised at who comes out ahead.
Monday, October 27, 2008
- 7 boxes of Quaker oatmeal $2.50 each, use 7 $1.00 coupons from recent inserts
- 1 box of Quaker granola bars $2.50, use $1.00 coupon from recent insert (get $5.00 ECB. Part of deal with Quaker--buy $20.00, get $5.00)
- 10 Soy Joy bars $1.00 each, use 2 B1G1, 1 B2G1, $2.00/10, get $4.00 ECB Comes to $1.00 for all 10 bars after ECB's
- Advil PM is on sale for $.99 Use $1.00 coupon from here
- Bic Comfort 3 on sale for $4.99 with $4.00 ECB, use $2.00 coupon from last week's insert, profit of $1.01!
- Nestle candy bags on sale for $1.50 (2 day sale only), I had a $2.00 off 3 and a $1.00 off 2 to use
I lucked out and got a $5.00 off $30.00 coupon this time which made this purchase even better. I ended up only being able to get the 7 boxes of oatmeal, 1 box of granola bars, 10 Soy Joy bars, 1 Advil PM, and 4 bags of candy. My store didn't get the Bic razors in yet. It came to $36.99, used $13.86 ECB's, paid $.14, and got back $9.00. Not too shabby.
The only thing I got at Walgreens was the L'Oreal Age stuff that is for free this month. It is $19.99. Use the $2.00 coupon, I think from 2 weeks ago insert, get back $19.99 MIR and make a profit of $2.00!
I did a lot better at Rite Aid. Here is what I got:
- 9 ft. GE extension cord $2.00 FAR
- GE 6 outlet power strip $5.00 FAR
- L'Oreal Age Perfect $15.99 FAR
- Axe shower gel $3.99 FAR
- Adidas Body Spray $3.99 FAR (use $1.00 coupon)
- Citre Shine Mist $3.99 FAR (use $1.00 coupon)
- Citre Shine Miracle $3.99 FAR (use $1.00 coupon)
- Charles Worthington Uncurl balm $6.99 FAR
- Denta Burst cleaning strips $1.99 FAR
- Oral B toothbrush $2.49 FAR (use $1.00 coupon)
- Kotex tampons 18 ct. FAR (use $1.00 from mailer)
- M & M minis for Ambry $.88(she went shopping with me that day)
Everything came to $52.51 and I will get back $54.43 in MIR. A profit of $1.92. Yeah!
All in all, a good shopping day. I will be posting Meijer deals later today. There are some pretty good deals this week! There will also be new pics of the girls, since I haven't put up any new pics for a while.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
- Jello is on sale for $.60 a box. Buy 2, use $1.50 off 2 coupon from here. Profit of $.30!
- All Taco Bell stuff is 20% off which by me will make the salsa $.33! Use the $1.50 coupon from here. This will also be a great deal on Taco Bell hard shells. They are $1.30 at my Meijer.
- If you like Oreo's, this might be a good deal for you. Buy 2 Oreo packs at $2.50 each, and get a free Meijer gallon of milk.
- Breyer's ice cream is on sale 2/$5.00 Use $1.00 off 2 coupon here, 2 $.50 off 1 coupon from recent insert.
Don't forget about the Glade Plug-in deal. If you have any more of those B1G1 coupons, you have to use them before November 2. For those who haven't done it yet, go and buy 2 Glade Plugins. The general price is $4.49 each. Your total will be $8.98. Use your B1G1 coupon. You will pay $4.49 but will get 2 $4.00 Catalina coupons for a profit of $3.51!
If you find any other good Meijer deals, let me know!
Monday, October 20, 2008
- Ajax dish soap (a HUGE bottle) on clearance $.19
- 3 of Q-tips $2.49 (part of a Buy25 Get10 deal) 1 $.30 cpn
- 2 packs of Huggies $9.99, used 2 $1.50 cpns (with q-tips deal, got 10 ECB)
- 3 Energizer batteries $5.99, used 3 $.75 cpns (Buy15 Get5)
- 5 GUM toothbrushes double pack $3.99, used 3 $.75 cpns, 1 $.50 cpn, $3.99 ECB each
- 2 Brach candy corns $1.29, $1.29 ECB each
- 1 Excedrin Express gels $1.99, use 1 $2.00 cpn
- 1 Powerade $1.69, get $1.69 ECB
- 1 Just For Men hair color $7.99, get $7.99 ECB, use 1 $2.00 cpn (can send in also for full rebate!)
- 2 Colgate toothpastes $2.99, get $2.00 ECB, use 2 $1.00 cpns
- 1 Listerine blue agent $4.49, get $3.00 ECB, use 1 $1.00 cpn
- 2 Pumpkin pails $.99 each, get $.99 ECB each
- 2 Funlight glow sticks $.99 each, get $.99 ECB each
- 1 Aquafresh whitening trays clearanced to $4.00, use 1 $5.00 cpn(they will mark it down)
- 1 CVS vitamin D $2.99, get $2.99 ECB (monthly deal)
- 2 Wellpatch arthritis $5.99 each, get $5.99 ECB each(monthly deal)
Total amount of products? $113.21. I used $86.27 in ECB's. Yes, I know most of you probably don't have this many. Honestly, I don't know how I have that many! But you could split these up into smaller purchases in order to roll your ECB's and still come out great. I then paid $1.40 in cash and got back $73.14 in ECB's. Yes, I did have to "waste" some ECB's, but I consider them "well wasted"!
So there you have. The deals that I did at CVS. Hope you get some awesome ones too!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Taco Bell salsa 16 oz. jar $2.29 use Meijer $1.50 coupon(pg. 3)= $.79
Jello 4 serving is $.91 Buy 2, use Meijer $1.50 off 2 coupon(pg.3)=$.32
Jell 4 serving pudding is $1.09 Buy 2 use Meijer $1.50 off 2 coupon (pg.3)=$.68
Glade scented oil plugins are $4.49 Use B1G1 coupon from Smart Source insert (9-25 I think) and get back $8.00 in Catalina's/Register Rewards! A $3.51 money maker!
Taco Bell Corn shells 18 count $1.30 Use Meijer $1.50 coupon (pg.3)=profit of $.20
Danon Activia yogurt 4 ct is $2.00 Use $1.00 coupon from paper=$1.00
If you didn't go to Rite Aid this week, you definitely should if you need any form of chapsticks or cold medicines. They have some unbelievable deals! Again, no pic, but here is what I got:
- Bic comfort 3 razors $2.99 use $3.00 coupon from last week's paper
- Tru Chapstick $1.99
- Theraflu $3.99 use $1.00 coupon
- Lizard Lips chapstick $.99
- Triaminic $3.99 use $2.00 coupon
- Buckley's cough mixture $3.99
- Comtrex cough and cold $3.99
- Neilmed Neti Pot $10.99 Use $3.00 coupon
- Soft Lips chapstick $2.99
- Mentholatum chest rub $2.99
- Little Cold $3.99
- Chloraseptic Throat Spray $2.99
- Lypmoisturizer $1.99
- Child throat cooler $2.99 use B1G1 coupon
- Hyland Cough syrup $3.99 use $1.00 coupon
- Sucrets cough drops $2.99 send in for $2.00 MIR
- Sambucol syrup $7.99
- Orajel Cold Sore Brush $6.99 send in for $1.50 MIR
- Bee MD honey drops $2.49
- Novitra Coldsore cream $8.99
- Nexcare Cold Sore $8.99 use $2.00 coupon
- Children's Advil $3.99 use $1.00 coupon
- Excedrin Express gels $3.99 use $2.00 coupon
Total will be $101.27. Plus tax =$107.35. Minus coupons =$89.36. Definitely a lot to be spending out of pocket, but you will get back $98.28 after MIR. A profit of $8.92! Woot! There are still more rebates that you can do if you want. I just didn't want any of the other stuff. They were basically all saline rinses or saline things for colds and we don't use that stuff.
So hopefully all of that will help you get some good deals this week!
Monday, October 13, 2008
First up, Happy Birthday Rosie! Second up, Happy Birthday Ambry! We all got to go to an orchard celebrate their birthdays. And, oh the fun! The girls all loved it. So when I said picture overload, here we go...
"My bunny! My bunny!" Piper has been talking about that bunny non-stop. If you didn't know, that is her favorite stuffed animal and she carries it with her everywhere.
Look at those happy faces!
Couldn't resist taking a picture of Rosie and Ambry. I love it when they hold hands like that. Aunt and cousin, "sisters" according to them, best friends. So adorable.
Check out Ambry's face in this pic. Doesn't it say it all? I am just way too cool for this...
Kasey and Piper chowin' down on some crackers while going for a boat ride. They are both laying down in this pic.
And, Kasey, here is your pic you wanted. Don't you look so cool doing the Egyptian?
Poppi and Piper driving the boat.
Ambry with her new American Doll. Look at the excitement on that face! And there is Piper peeking over her shoulder. I can just imagine what she is thinking. "Hmmm, I think I would like that doll too. I'll just wait until Ambry isn't looking, grab it, and run as fast as my chubby little legs will carry me!" Of course, she didn't get a chance to carry out her little plan, as Ambry carried the doll bed and doll everywhere she went around their house.
Blowing out the candles...
The smiles say it all. :)
Thank you Poppi and Nana for an awesome day! I think both Rosie and Ambry had an great birthday celebration. I can't believe it. My "baby" is now 5! Well, with getting older brings so many different and so many more fun things to do!
Monday, October 06, 2008
- 1 bic Soleil razor 5.99 with 4.00 ECB (used 3.00 cpn)
- 1 Always Infinity pads 4.98 with 4.98 ECB
- 2 Colgate toothpastes 2.99 each with 4.00 ECB (used 2 1.00 cpns)
Totals: 16.95 worth of stuff, used 3/15 CVS cpn, 8.00 in ECB's, used 1.31 on money card, and got back 12.98 in ECB's. Good moneymaker!!
- 1 Pure Black face Cream 9.99 with 5.00 ECB (used 5.00 CVS cpn crt)
- 1 Lumene face cream 2.99 (used 2.00 CVS crt)
- 2 Sally hansen nail polish (used 3.00 off 2 CVS cpn. Also had 2.00 from paper, but they wouldn't accept that one too)
- 1 V05 hair gel 3.99 (used 2.00 CVS crt)
Totals: 21.95 worth of stuff, used 3/15 CVS cpn, 6.00 in ECB's, 1.19 on money card, and got back 5.00 in ECB's.
- 1 Bic Soleil 5.99 with 4.00 ECB (used 3.00 cpn)
- 1 Well Patch 5.99 with 5.99 ECB
- 2 Gatorade 1.49 with 1.00 ECB (used 1.00/2 CVS cpn)
Totals: 14.96 worth of stuff, used 3/15 CVS cpn, 7.96 in ECB's, .06 in cash, and got back 10.99 in ECB's. Another great moneymaker!!
- 1 Bic Soleil 5.99 with 4.00 ECB (used 2.00 cpn)
- 2 Well Patch 5.99 each with 5.99 ECB each (used 1 1.00 cpn)
Totals:17.97 worth of stuff, used 3/15 CVS cpn, 11.97 in ECB's, .18 in cash, and got back 15.98 in ECB's. Another moneymaker.
- 1 Arm & Hammer cleaner 2.50 (will send in 2.50 MIR to get it for free)
- 1 Breeze 2 monitor 14.99 with 10.00 ECB (used 30.00 cpn-they mark down)
Totals: 17.49 worth of stuff, used 3/15 CVS cpn, no ECB's, .14 in cash, and got back 10.00 in ECB's. Awesome moneymaker!!
- 2 Bic Soleil 5.99 each with 4.00 ECB each (used 1 2.00 cpn and 1 3.00 cpn)
- 1 Vitamin Water 2.29 with 2.29 ECB (sorry, not in pic)
- 1 Always Infinity 4.98 with 4.98 ECB
- 1 pack of Mentos .79
Totals: 20.04 worth of stuff, used 3/15 CVS cpn, 11.99 in ECB's, 0.00 cash, and got back 15.27. Another moneymaker!!
So the grand totals were: 109.36 worth of product
.38 in cash (2.90 also used from money card)
45.92 in ECB's
70.22 back in ECB's!!!
An awesome day at CVS if I do say so myself. Woohoo!
Thursday, October 02, 2008
This is the look she tries to pull off whenever we get to the store. Always trying to imitate Mom.
And the bathtub? Well, the sunglasses would work quite well in the bathtub too, wouldn't they? Of course they would, Piper. Look at that grin. She couldn't be any happier!
So I finished canning my first bushel of pears last night. Unfortunately I forgot about the last seven jars I put in the canner. I got a little distracted with putting kids to bed and cleaning and, well, just stuff. Well these last seven cans got a little overcooked....by about 2 hours overcooked!!! Help! What do you do with pears that overcooked? Will they be all right to eat? Should I try to do something else with them? Make jam? I just don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!