Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Once he got the second layer of flooring up, there was a whole layer of glue that would not let itself be scraped up for anything. So he went and got a belt sander and sanded it all down. Well, that made a mess and a half and since I didn't know what was going on in there--he had the door closed--I didn't have anything put away. Let's just say there was a good inch of dust and ickiness covering everything from toothbrushes to my plant to towels. Yuck!
And just for your viewing pleasure, here is what the bathroom looked like when we first moved in. Lovely, right? In there, we have replaced the light, taken down the wallpaper and painted, put up new blinds, painted the cabinets, put on new handles on the drawers and cabinets, and now replaced the flooring. Whew! Everything but the countertops are new now. :)
We also did a lot of work in the laundry room/bathroom. Caleb made a new countertop out of concrete and I repainted. Apparently he hated the red paint all along. I had no idea! Oops! He likes the new color a lot better and since I liked the red so much I just kept a few red stripes.
Here is part of the new sink. He did an awesome job on it. He picked out the color and everything all by himself!
And, again, here is the bathroom of what it looked like before. We have painted all the cabinets, put new hardware on, replaced the icky foam toilet seat (yuck!!!), painted the walls, put a new mirror up, new countertop (although the orange was really cool, right?), and rearranged the washer and dryer and little so that the washer is facing the door and I now have a little shelf that is level with the washer to put my soap and other miscellaneous items on.
What do you think? Much improved? I sure think so! I love doing projects like this. So much fun. Now if only I could convince Caleb that it is as much fun as I think it is. :)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
That has to be the saddest face I have seen on her in a long time. Look at those eyes. Poor honey all covered in mama's new lotion. Good thing mama had a coupon and it was free otherwise you could have been in some serious trouble. :)
Labels: Piper pics
Monday, January 19, 2009
And a pic of Piper who so badly wanted to join in, but contented herself with playing with the leftover glue spots. :)
Don't forget to check back later on in the week! We have a fun craft coming up complete with paint (just for you Esther! I know how you love that paint!) and lots of feet shots. Curious? You'll just have to come back later. :)
I didn't take a pic of the Walgreens deals but here is what I got:
- 4 bags of Mauna Loa chocolate covered macadamia nuts...yummm!! on sale 2 for $4.00. Use 1 $3.00 off 2 cpn from ESR booklet, will take off $6.00. These bags are originally $3.79!
- 5 Sunsilk products--1 mouse, 3 gel sprays, and 1 gel. All clearanced to $1.19 each. Used 2 $2.00 off 2 and 1 $1.00 off 1.
- 1 gallon of milk
Used a $5.00 RR from last week and my total was $1.30! Yeah!
Here is my awesome deal at CVS...and on a week that I thought I was going to get nothing! Picture complete with some of the Pepsi cans that nearly exploded after the whole box ripped!
- 10 Reese Whips candy bars on sale 2 for $1.00. Use 5 $1.00 off 2 coupons=FREE!
- 2 Sobe Life waters (part of Pepsi deal), use 2 $.50 coupons on bottles
- 6 12 packs of pop on sale 4 for $12.00 (part of Pepsi deal, buy $20.00 get $10.0 ECB)
- 1 Excedrin on sale for $1.99, use 1 $2.00 cpn and 1 $1.00 CVS crt cpn=+$1.01!
- 1 Organix tea tree shampoo on sale for $4.99 with a MIR of $4.99=FREE!
- 6 Dawn dishsoaps on sale B1G1 @ $1.99. Used 3 $1.00 off 2 cpns
- 1 Pantene deep conditioning hair mask on clearance for $1.54
- 1 Pantene shampoo on clearance for $1.54
- 1 Pantene conditioner on clearance for $1.54
- 1 Pantene moussing foam wax (???no idea what this is) on clearance for $1.25
- 1 bag of sour gummie worms for Ambry $.99 :)
Total came to $52.51. I used a $10.00 off $50.00 that printed in store, a $3.00 off $15.00 printout, and a $4.00 off $20.00. If I had known that the cashier would take all those coupons together, I would have given him a $5.00 off $25.00 too! Oh well. I used only $16.00 in ECB's and got $10.00 back. Cash out of pocket was a whopping $1.51! And I still can send in for the $4.99 Organix rebate and a $15.00 MIR for Pepsi coupons! Sweet deals to be had this week!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Or at least it is so much fun as long as you like word games.
Play this addictive word game that will keep you hooked for hours!
|Play this free online game now!|
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
So hurry up and go sign up. Hopefully you win!
Monday, January 05, 2009
- 10 Soy Joy bars $5.00, MIR $5.00=FREE Use $3.00 off 10 coupon from this weeks insert and make $3.00!
- 1 Garnier product regular priced at $4.19 on sale for $2.99, MIR $2.00=$.99 Use $1.00 off from paper=FREE!
- 4 Kellogg's cereal on sale for $2.50 each. Deal is buy $10.00 get $3.00 RR. Use 4 $1.00 Kellogg's coupons from recent insert and pay $.75 a box after RR and coupons.
- 2 Quaker oatmeal on sale for $1.99 after in-ad coupon. Used $1.35 off 2 from this weeks paper.
- 2 Glade scented oil refills on sale for $2.50 each with MIR of $2.00. Used B1G1 coupon from recent insert.
- 1 Electrasol gel tabs on sale for $3.49. Use $2.50 coupon from Sunday's paper and send in for MIR of $1.50=$.51 profit!
- 4 Garnier Fructis product on sale for $2.99. Use 1 $2.00 coupon from Jan. MIR booklet (will take off $8.00) and 4 $1.00 coupons from just about any insert. :) =FREE!
Total will be $38.45 before coupons. After coupons it should be $12.12. Add on tax of $1.23 and pay $13.35. I used a $10.00 RR from last week's Robitussin deal and paid $3.35. I will also get back $3.50 from MIR on this receipt!
- 3 Quaker oatmeals (thought I could use a Wags coupon for $2.00 off 3 and 2 $1.00 oatmeal coupons together, but alas, you can't)
- 4 Garnier
Total was $2.65 for everything after using coupons and $3.00 RR from Kellogg's deal.
- 2 Quaker oatmeals
- 4 Garnier
Total was $2.66 after coupons. Not too shabby. Receipt said I saved $22.02 on this order alone. The nice thing about doing Wags is that I paid with my gift card everytime and didn't have to shell out any cash!
Totals for Wags:
Came of $82.37 worth of stuff
Used gift card to pay for everything which came to $8.66. Will get $3.50 back though.
- 1 pk of Starburst $.50
- 1 pk of Mentos $.79 (had to purchase the candy to use a different ECB)
- 2 Speedstick on sale for $3.00 each with a $3.00 ECB back
- 2 Colgate items $2.50 each with $2.00 ECB back
- 2 Glade scented oil refill twin packs $5.49 each with $2.00 ECB back on each
$25.26 worth of stuff. Used $4.00 off $20.00 CVS coupon, $2.00 CVS Speedstick coupon, B1G1 Glade coupon, $1.50 Colgate toothpaste coupon, $1.00 Colgate CVS toothbrush coupon, and $11.00 in ECB's. I paid $.63 in cash and got back $7.00 in ECB's. This purchase was a little messed up because I grabbed the wrong toothbrush and it rang up at $4.49 instead of $2.50 and then I didn't get the $2.00 ECB back either. So I will be getting a slight refund and $2.00 more in ECB's back also.
- Garnier Fructis hair gell $2.99 with $2.00 ECB back Use $1.00 coupon
- Cottonnelle Bath tissue $12.97 with $4.00 ECB back Use $.50 coupon
- 2 Nutra-trim gum $3.99 each with $3.99 ECB back on each
- Skin Effects SPF 30 sun tan lotion on clearance for $5.50, use $5.00 CVS crt coupon
Total is $29.44 worth of stuff. I paid $1.94 in cash, used $16.00 ECB's and got back $13.98.
- 2 ob tampons $4.50 each (b$20g$10 Johnson deal) used 2 $1.00 coupons
- 1 Bandaid $3.00 use 1 $.50 coupon (part of deal mentioned above)
- 1 Listerine whitening pen $10.00 used $3.00 coupon (part of deal mentioned above)
- 1 Lumene for men shave gel on clearance for $2.99 used $3.00 CVS crt coupon
Came to $24.99 worth of stuff, paid $1.91, used $10.00 in ECB's and got $10.00 back.
- 4 Scotch pop-up tapes on clearance for $.49. Used 2 $1.00 coupons=FREE
- 2 photobooks $9.99 each, use $1.00 off $5.00 CVS crt coupon
- 4 Progresso soups on sale for $2.99 each and also B1G1 Use $1.00 off 4 coupon
$33.90 worth of stuff. I paid $2.46, used $18.00 in ECB's and got $0.00 ECB's back.
Totals for CVS were:
$113.59 worth of stuff, paid $6.94 in cash, used $55.00 in ECB's and got back $30.98 in ECB's. I got rid of $24.02 in ECB's, but should be getting a refund of $1.99 and $2.00 in ECB's. I basically ended up paying for the photobooks and everything else was for free is the way I am looking at it. :)
As always, Happy Deal Hunting and let me know if you find any good deals this week!
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Labels: Ambry and Piper pics