Monday, March 30, 2009
I did better than I expected this week at CVS thanks to the Throat Cooler rain check I have held on to since January. Here is what I got...
- 2 Perfect 10 hair colors on clearance for $3.49, used 2 $5.00 cpns from P&G
- 1 gallon of milk, $2.39
- 2 GR Press, $2.00 each
- 4 Throat Coolers, $4.99 each with $4.99 back in ECB's on each, used 2 B1G1 printable cpns
- 1 Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber $2.99, used $2.50 printable cpn
- 2 Paas egg coloring kits, $1.99 each, $1.99 ECB back on each
- 3 Clear and Dry, 2 @ $4.99, 1 @ $5.49, used 3 $2.00 printable coupons
- 2 Sally Hansen nail polishes on sale B1G1 @ $2.79 each, used 1 $3.00 CVS manufacturer cpn
- 1 Accu-check monitor $9.99, with $9.99 back in ECB's
- 1 Orajel Toddler toothpaste on clearance for $1.00, used 1 $1.00 cpn
- 1 Skin Effects sun screen on clearance for $3.25, used 1 CVS cpn for $5.00
I did this in 3 separate transactions to take advantage of 1 $5.00 off $30.00 cpn and 2 $3.00 off $15.00 coupons. My total amount of stuff came to $75.59. I used $23.74 in ECB's and got back $38.97!! And I only paid $.73 in cash!! Woot for awesome deals this week!!
- 1 Softsoap body wash $3.99, get back a $3.99 cpn for a free bodywash
- 1 Skintimate shave gel $2.79, get back a RR for $3.00
- Walitin Allergy $6.99, get $6.99 MIR
- 1 One A Day Women's drinkables $1.49, get back $1.49 MIR
- 1 Chapstick $1.99, get back $1.99 RR
- 3 Reynold's wraps on sale for $.89 with in-ad cpn, use 3 $1.00 cpns
- 1 Glade soy candle $5.99, use 1 $2.00 Wags cpn, 1 $4.00 printable
Total amount came to $28.31 before coupons. I used $16.00 RR and got back $5.00 RR, and a $3.99 Softsoap RR. I paid $2.38 in cash. I will also get back $8.48 after MIR. I basically paid $.91 after all is said and done. Woot!!
If you need any help getting/finding coupons, let me know! Or if you would like how to do this, don't hesitate to shoot me an email. :) Otherwise, have fun getting the deals!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Labels: Ambry pics
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Her "give me a big smile, Piper!" face.
I wish this one was more clear. She was just so happy.
Just a look of wonder on her face. She had spotted a bird outside.
Enjoying her gum.
I took her dress off and had her put on a scarf and as you can see, she was less than impressed. She did NOT like the scarf idea. So I ended up with a very upset little girl.
I had to do a closeup. I love the lip she was giving me.
This is the one grin I got out of her. I promised her a new piece of "bubble" if she would do one big smile. This was literally the only big smile I got out of her before she immediately went back to frowning.
Labels: Piper pics
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Another thing that we had to do was read a book about poetry. I am typically NOT a fan of poetry but this book was so cute. This is Ambry's favorite poem out of the book. I highly recommend this book too. It was called "Behold the Umbrellaphant". Basically they took common day objects and an animal and combined them. The one below is called "The Tearful Zipperpotamuses". Too cute. :)
The dreary ZIPPERPOTAMUSES
Stand around and mope...
If all their zippers opened,
They would surely have no hope.
Their zippers help contain them,
So they worry and they fret
That their insides will fall outside,
Though this hasn't happened yet.
Those fearful ZIPPERPOTAMUSES
Find it very hard
To keep their zippers zippered,
So they're constantly on guard.
Perhaps they wouldn't spend their days
With such a sense of dread,
If they took out all those zippers
And put buttons in instead."
See? Cute, right? Ambry was cracking up. Here is a link to the book on Amazon.
Labels: Ambry pics
Here is what I got:
- 3 twin packs of Oral B toothbrushes on clearance, used 3 $2.00 coupons from P&G insert=profit of $2.00!
- 2 Schick razors $8.99, used 1 Wags cpn for $8.00 off, and 2 $4.00 cpns from this weeks insert
- 12 cans of Hunt's tomato sauce on sale for $.39 a piece after in ad cpn
- 1 can of peanut butter to go with the Hunt's deal--buy $10.00 get $5.00 back after MIR (the cans of sauce only added up to $9.60--some funky in store thing)
- 4 Reach floss marked down to $1.00 each, used 2 $1.50 cpns from last weeks insert=$1.00 for 4 floss
- 2 Nature's Source cleaners on sale $3.00 each, use 2 $1.00 cpns from insert, send in for MIR of $1.00 for each=$1.00 each
- 1 Right Guard deoderant on sale for $5.99, use cpn in top of box for $2.00=$1.00 profit after $5.00 MIR!
Total amount of stuff came to $51.06. I used 1 $10.00 RR. I paid $5.32 out of pocket and will get back $12.00 after MIR. (5.00 for Right Guard, 5.00 for Hunts, and 2.00 for the cleaners)
No new pics of the kids right now. I have really been slacking in taking pics. I think it is because I get depressed when I think of how many pics are stored on my computer and how much time it is going to take going through all of them...thousands...literally thousands of pics that I have to print out. Definitely depressing. :(
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Both of the girls on their beach chairs last summer.
This is a pic of the girls that Caleb took last spring.
Family pic at the zoo last summer.
Rosey at the lake. I love her little smile in this pic.
Labels: Ambry and Piper pics
Friday, March 13, 2009
Are you ready for the long list?
- 2 Coffee-mate creamers on sale B1G1 for $2.99, use 2 $1.00 printables
- 3 pkgs of wipes, use 3 $5.00 printable coupons
- 1 pkg of diapers, use 1 $5.00 printable coupon (with the buying the wipes, you then get a $10.00 RR back!)
- 5 Crest toothpaste on clearance for $.95, use 5 $1.00 coupons, and get back $1.00 RR! Do this in 5 separate transactions--the candy was used to cover the overage of the coupon--make just over $4.00!!
- 2 candy necklaces for deal above $.39 each
- 2 Hershey kissables for deal above $.45 each
- 1 Irish Spring body wash $4.49, then a $4.50 Irish Spring RR will print out. Keep rolling over for endless body wash!
- 1 box of Cheez-its $2.00...I was hungry :)
- 2 boxes of Perfect 10 hair color on clearance for $4.00 each, use 2 $5.00 coupons for a profit of $2.00!
- 2 Clairol Natural Instinct hair color on clearance for $2.00 each, use 2 $2.00 coupons
- 3 Clairol creme hair colors on clearance for $2.00 each, use 3 $2.00 coupons
- 1 Crest healthy radiance whitening kit on clearance for $2.97. My coupon didn't work for this otherwise it would have been free :(
- 2 Garnier hair gels, $2.99, Wags coupon for $4.00 off, 2 $1.00 coupons
- 2 Garnier shine drops, $2.99 each, Wags coupon for $4.00 off, 2 $1.00 coupons
- 1 Garnier glossing shine spray $2.99, Wags coupon for $2.00 off, 1 $1.00 coupon
- 1 Garnier fiber gum (yeah, not too sure what this is) $2.99, Wags coupon for $2.00 off, 1 $1.00 coupon
My total amount of stuff (calculated by using clearance prices, not even full value prices!) was $83.71 before taxes and coupons. I used $6.00 RR, all the coupons above, and paid $18.61 in cash. I got $19.50 back in RR's!!
I am definitely going again tomorrow morning to try to score a couple more packs of diapers. Anyone else going to go? :)
Here are a couple of pics from yesterday and today when both Piper was sick and I was still feeling crummy. Ambry took this one of Piper and me laying on the couch downstairs.
Here is one of Piper holding Natalie's baby doll and sitting on the counter watching me make lunch. She couldn't leave my side today. She kept saying "Hold me, mama" over and over. Poor honey.
Here is one of her watching the kids play. Poor honey just wanted to lay down or be held all day. Hopefully she starts to feel more like herself tomorrow.