Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I think I am finally getting the hang of CVS! I went there last night with Tara armed with my new coupon organizer (actually just a Glad container with a bunch of envelopes all alphabetically organized.) and my list of things that I was hoping would be in stock. Here is what I got:

1. 2 Robitussin cough and cold on sale for $6.00 a piece
2. 1 Stayfree maxi pads on sale for $3.29
3. 1 Arm & Hammer toothpaste on sale for $1.99
4. 2 Garnier Fructis Nutrioniste face care products on sale for $5.99 a piece
5. 2 Advil PM on sale for $4.00 a piece
6. 2 Antibacterial handwash for the troops (I needed some sort of filler and I was a little flustered and the cashier asked me 3 times during my order if I wanted to donate some to the troops so I finally just grabbed two to get the right amount.)
I then used a CVS coupon of $4/20, $3/15, $2/10, $2/10 (the cashier let me use two of them because at the beginning of the order she had originally told me I could use both), $.75 off Arm & Hammer, $3.00 off 2 Garnier Nutrioniste products, 2 $3.00 off Robitussin, 2 $4.00 off Advil PM, and $15.00 in ECB.

My total out of pocket was $1.34. I also got back $21.29 in ECB's. Yeah! My receipt said I saved $48.21. Pretty good.

What I didn't realize with CVS is that they won't give you anything back on the ECB's which makes it kind of tricky. At least the ECB's that I have this time are split up a little bit so I won't have to use such a big ECB next time. Now the only deals I am still hoping to get before the end of the month are the Soy Joy bars and the CVS toothbrushes. We'll see if they are at the CVS near Piper's doctor's office. She is going in today. :( The poor little love started running a fever last night and it is back up again this morning. With her nasty cold she is running, I don't want to take any chances.

Have a good Tuesday!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?