Friday, January 25, 2008

My current room that I am trying to finish is the girl's bedroom. Unfortunately, I don't want to hang anything on the walls until I find them bunk beds. And I am determined to find white bunk beds, hopefully a twin over full.

Last night we went to look at some and were disappointed yet again. They needed another coat of paint very bad and, well...they smelled funny. I know, I probably shouldn't be so picky if I am buying used furniture but they wanted $250.00! I thought that was very high for some bunk beds that weren't even in that good of shape. But maybe I have set my hopes too high. After all, this is the picture that I saw that started the whole search for white bunk beds.

Of course I had to find the MOST expensive set of bunk beds to compare everything else to. Yes, this is out of the Pottery Barn Kids magazine. Aren't they so adorable? I have been searching craigslist now for about 6 months if not a little bit longer and I have not been able to find anything similar to it. And the ones that I did find that were similar sold in 1 day! Crazy!

So now my question to all...probably 2 of you that read this :) is if you think I should maybe start to think of buying new. I found a 40% off coupon to a furniture store around the corner from our house that supposedly has good prices. Do you think I should even go in there and then have even more expensive sets in my mind that I would like or should I try to be patient and continue searching craigslist? There isn't any big hurry, although I would like to have them before Piper turns 2 in about 6 months.

So please let me know what you think because I am starting to run out of patience and getting a little tired or checking out very sad looking bunk bed sets. :)

Labels:


Comments:
The good ole bunk bed search! I remember looking for the kids beds, it STUNK! We went to every store and shook every bunk bed! They want like $800 bucks and up plus the mattresses and bunky board things, OUCH! Finally the last store on the way out the door we stopped in there clearance section and shook the only bunk bed in there. It took the hubby about 2 seconds to say "sold." They are the most sturdy bunk beds we found, they are made out of real wood and they are made in the USA and the best part $300 brand new.
Have fun "shopping" and be patient! There's no hurry right?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?