Friday, December 15, 2006

FRUGAL FRIDAY...

This Friday Crystal posted three questions that she wants you to answer:

  1. What is the best resource for frugality you've found (book, magazine, website, etc.)?
  2. What is the best deal you've gotten recently?
  3. What is your best idea for a creative and inexpensive gift (I was specifically thinking this might be helpful for those who still are looking for some last-minute Christmas ideas!)?

Here is what I came up with:

  1. I love Fat Wallet. You can get so many free things to try out on there from magazines to perfumes to pens, etc. You name it, I have probably been able to find it for free on this website. I gave the link to the free stuff forum, but they also have a coupon section and tons of other cool stuff.
  2. One of the best deals I got would probably be when I got a bunch of Target coupons and instead of spending about $30.00 for my groceries, I spent $14.00! Way cool. I posted about that here. One other thing, which was a bonus from Fat Wallet, was that I got two free things of formula in the mail. Two nice 8 oz. cans! I don't use it yet, but it will definitely come in handy down the road.
  3. Last, I don't have to worry about the whole Christmas thing, which is very inexpensive since I don't have to do anything :) But I did have Ambry draw a picture card for her Nana. I gave her glue, macaroni pieces, and marshmallows and just let her go to town. Then I wrote a note inside in "her handwriting". Just something small and thoughtful that I knew Ambry would be so excited to give her since she did it herself. EDIT:Please visit Esther's blog for why we don't do Christmas.

For more answers to these questions go to Crystal's Blog.

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Sharon I will have to check out fat wallet. I can get you some free cans of formula they are great that stuff is so exspensive. Ambry's card sounds cute I'll have to buy some colored marshmellows to ad to the art box course my kids will eat more than they use for art..:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?