Friday, March 30, 2012

A Trip to Blandford Nature Center
A couple weeks ago--already?!? time is flying lately!--the kidlets and I went on a field trip to see how maple syrup is made. And now looking at my pics, I am so mad at myself I didn't take more. Oh well.
This cool wooden "thing" was right at the front of the nature center. Sorry, I don't know what it is called, I just thought it was neat looking.

Check out these cool little trees. They were scattered all over and I thought they looked like so much fun. I wanted to pick one up and take it home to plant it, but our guide lady was a stickler about not going anywhere near them. Stinker. :)

The teepee that some boy scouts built to look just like the ones that the Indians used to live in. They did an amazing job! The kids loved being able to go inside.
Here are the kids listening to the story about how the sap was discovered in the trees by the Indians and how they loved it's sweet taste. (Please ignore Piper's finger in her mouth. I think she was bound and determined to lick off every piece of maple sugar that the guide had given them to taste.)
Ambry getting her turn to drill into the maple tree.
Piper taking her turn.

This was such a fun trip, and the kids--and me!--learned so much about how they make maple syrup. We bought a bottle of the finished product to take home and that stuff has got to be the tastiest syrup I have ever had!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?