Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Our Garden

Here is our bean teepee and some of our herbs. There is lemon balm, lavender, mint, and chamomille planted along the outskirts of the teepee. We shall have to wait and see how the beans do. Some naughty rabbits got in there and managed to eat quite a few of the leaves before we put up our fence. I started the herbs in baggies before I planted them and they were doing great...until I transplanted them to the ground. So we will have to wait and see how much we actually get. The only herb that is doing good in this planter is the chamomille.

Here are some more of our herbs. In these pots are chives, cilantro, oregano, and basil. In the other big pots are jalapenos and banana peppers.


Some strawberries from our garden. Piper picked the "bucket" to put the strawberries in. :)







The girls and me picking strawberries. Please no comments about how I look in a bathing suit. I know it is scary. :)



Ambry showing her strawberry pickings.



Seriously, how cute is that girl?!? We aren't going to get too many strawberries this year. Probably just enough to make it fun to go out there and pick a couple bowl fulls. But, I suppose it is better than nothing. :) I wasn't very dilligent about the weeding once fall hit and taking care of our little patch. So as a consequence it is pretty patchy this year. Hopefully our other plants will produce good!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?