Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I had a sort of mini cooking day on Monday. I made banana bread, in mini loafs and muffins, and chocolate pumpkin bread, also in mini loafs and muffins. I highly recommend the chocolate pumpkin bread. Sooo yummy!

Here are the recipes that I used:
Banana Bread

  1. 6 TBS butter or margarine softened


  2. 2/3 cup sugar


  3. 2 eggs


  4. 3 ripe bananas, mashed


  5. 1 tsp vanilla


  6. 1 2/3 cup flour


  7. 2 tsp baking powder


  8. 1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 325. Lightly spray pan with veg. spray. I usually rub with butter and that works just fine. Cream butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer. Add eggs, bananas, and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour, salt, and baking powder. Do not overmix. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes. I like to sprinkle the tops with brown sugar before I bake. Adds that little bit of extra sweet to it. Not that I need it, of course. :) This made 2 mini loafs and 9 muffins.


Chocolate Pumpkin Bread

  1. 3/4 cup white sugar


  2. 1/4 cup veg. oil


  3. 2 eggs


  4. 3/4 cup canned pumpkin


  5. 1/4 cup water


  6. 1 1/2 cups flour


  7. 3/4 tsp baking powder


  8. 1/2 tsp baking soda


  9. 1 tsp ground cinnamon


  10. 1/4 tsp salt


  11. 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg


  12. 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips


  13. 1/4 tsp ground cloves (I did not have on hand and this was great without it)

Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin pan or use paper liners. Again, I used butter, and they came out just fine. Mix sugar, oil, and eggs. Add pumkin and water. I planned on doubling this recipe so I used half of a 15 oz can of pumpkin. Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Add chocolate chips. I used a large dark chocolate Hershey bar for this and just cut it up real fine. I like it better like this. It mixes in so well with the mixture. Bake then for 20 minutes. I seriously loved this recipe! I got 4 mini loafs of bread and 18 muffins from 2 batches.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?