Wednesday, March 07, 2007
WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY
My tip for today is a recipe for Taco Soup. My sister-in-law Esther made this for me when I had my first baby and it was the (and I still think is) the best soup ever. You can either cook it on the stove or in a crockpot on warm.
1. 1 lb. of hamburger or turkey burger
2. 1 can of corn, undrained (15 oz)
3. 1 can of stewed tomatoes, undrained (15 oz)
4. 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (I use two because I love these kind of tomatoes) (15 oz)
5. 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
6. 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
7. 1 pkg taco seasoning
8. 2 cups water (You can add more if you don't like it too thick)
9. Shredded Cheese
10. Frito chips
11. sour cream
Brown your hamburger and drain. Throw everything into a pan and bring to a boil or into your crock pot and turn on low. This soup is sooo good. You can add or subtract from the ingredients above and it will still be delicious. Pour some into a bowl and put a little shredded cheese, then Frito chips, then sour cream on top. My mouth is seriously watering just thinking about it. I think I will have to make this tonight for dinner. :) I probably make this once a week and it never gets old.
This is what works for me. For more great tips go to Rocks in My Dryer.
Labels: Works for me Wednesday
Have a great Wednesday.
Links to this post: